Friday, April 3, 2009

some digital sketches



I explored ideas for my business cards and a new design for a possible letterhead. I will put up my previous sketches soon. Suggestions would be great, thanks :)

For the three business cards, I felt an image of the animals I am supporting health care for, would be great for the front of my business card. I think I will incorporate my logo on the front as well. The color framing for each is a way to incorporate that sense of the W. Using the angle of it as a way to frame my card. I experimented with the quantity of them and it would be great to know what you guys like better and also if you even like them there. Should I take them out and just have the image on the front, should I even use an image or use it for the back of the card and incorporate the framing on the other side of the card? The letterhead I am still trying to figure out. The bottom of the letterhead is supposed to provide that sense of the angle of the W as well. Using it as a way of framing the letterhead a bit, which would connect it with my business cards. Is it too much, too heavy and so on. Should I expand the symbol, and does the placement of the wordmark work? If any of this seems unclear, please let me know and I will gladly explain it more clearly. Thanks! Oh, one last thing.. the lizard image was the closest I found of an iguana almost looking into the camera, but I am still searching out for a better image to connect it with the other 2 images.

2 comments:

  1. A few comments:

    1. The colors on the biz cards don't feel related to the colors used in the logo. They feel too primary and simple, as do the orientation of the photos– there is nothing unexpected and very little personality infused into the photos and layout. In fact, the animals seem sad, and I would argue that the only one with interest is the iguana.

    2. The letterhead does feel too overwhelmed with logo/symbol/graphic element. I'm not sure where the text is going to be placed or how you are going to handle the body copy, but it feels like there isn't enough room to breathe.

    3. Using the curvature of the W is a good idea, but I'm not convinced that's what you're doing– perhaps pushing the concept of using the W or the symbol within your photographs would help to give them more personality and interest, as well as relate them to your logo and therefore unify your identity.

    Remember to push the format and purpose of your communications system beyond letterhead/biz card/envelope. I know we talked about this individually, and you had some great ideas, so don't abandon those! Good progress, keep moving forward! :-)

    ReplyDelete