Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Inspiration for Graphic Standards Manual







It was a little difficult finding really good inspirational manual images, but I came across this boomerang manual and it is simple and easy to follow. It has all the images needed for each page and has a clear index as to what these images are telling us without using much text. I was drawn to it most because it barely had any text and relies more on visuals rather than balancing image with description. It is effective and I think it could work with my company. The UNBC image was another interesting manual because it doesn't use too much text either to explain everything about the uses of the logo and fonts, etc. It condenses the information down, from the image provided, into one sheet of paper. I want my manual to be easy to use and easy to follow and these images are great for what I'm going for. Simple is better than trying to do too much with the layout and function of the manual.

1 comment:

  1. Yes simple is good, but notice how even the boomerang manual (very simplistic) has reference to sizing and dimensions relative to the size of the application. Very good inspiration, but make sure you have all the 'requirements' and still convey the spirit of Wavesa in your manual.

    ReplyDelete